News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Fife College of Nursing and Midwifery badge

Started by myk1066, May 06, 2015, 03:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Does anyone know the significance of the white enamelled version of this badge which I recently posted in the galleries?
Thanks
Myk1066

wilfb

Hi Myk

Not me certainly. Perhaps Peter or Barry Sutton...

Will.

nursesue

hi - better late than never I think the white signifies Mental Health nursing. I have won 2 recent Fife badges with white surrounds from Fife/Tayside Mental Hospitals and this another on "my wish list badge"

myk1066

Hi Sue
Thanks for that.  You selling any of your other Edinburgh medal badges?

nursesue

hi - alas no more Edinburgh badges but I will be selling some duplicate scottish badges to raise funds for the next must have badge!! they'll be mainly dundee and Lanarkshire. Whilst researching the Stonehouse badge I came across this - hope the link works!

http://stonehouseheritage.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Nursing-certificate-1930-Margaret-Parker.pdf

backman

The link works fine Sue,and a very nice certificate it is too. I am surprised that there isn't more interest in the ephemera and paperwork associated with nursing.Not only could you receive a badge but also an ornate certificate to frame and hang on your wall!

wilfb

Hi.

What an outstanding piece of history Sue's link has pointed to!  Many thanks Sue.  I sometimes need reminding why I sit at this keyboard - a little magic like this always reminds me!

Will.

caro7b

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk