News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Copyright

Started by myk1066, February 16, 2014, 04:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Sarah Rogers

The last photo is surely Backmans photo?, did they ask permission to use  it?, why say library photo?

nursesue

it certainly looks like one of Petes badges. I think Wilf may hold the answer to copyright questions as I remember asking him something similar many moons ago. There is a site on facebook that quite often reproduces photos of badges from ebay - one of which was mine again without permission from em to use it. I have no qualms about members on this site using my pics as I say to Wilf "Pinch away"

backman

I agree that ,depending upon the manner and reason for reproduction,I am usually happy to grant permission.It is a matter of curtesy however to be asked and acknowledged where appropriate.I have contacted the vendor to ask for his comments.

Sarah Rogers

That sounds fair, he should acknowledge the source and not just call it a library picture- and that way SON gets more advertising!

wilfb

Hi.

And 'pinch-away' (nursesue) I most certainly do - metaphorically speaking of course. But I always ask first! Copyright is a legal entity which I would always promote fervently. Without my rambling on about the legal reasons why, I would simply say - because the person who took the photograph (or has extended rights) is the original owner. The photograph is their property. Taking it without permission is stealing and should not occur....

The problem is that it is so easy to steal photographs - and hide their true origins.... Computer are wondrous beasts - totally devoid of conscience.... But the vast majority of deliberate stealing is perhaps the work of the 'perchance and they will never notice anyway' brigade, and will always invariably be noticed...

My 'pinching' is always done with permission. Making a gain from selling someone else's work is a strict no-no, especially for financial gain...

Pinching is for consenting adults only - if someone deliberately pinches mine I would expect compensation - especially if they make a financial gain from selling it! (any innuendos are strictly unintentional - well....)

But we need to be certain of ownership and lack of permission... Lets see what Peter has found later....

Will.

backman

The vendor did apologise and has acknowledged the source accordingly.Job done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk