News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

whats on your wish list?

Started by nursesue, May 02, 2013, 07:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

having seen Myks request for a Bolton badge i am wondering what other "must have" that others want I finally got my tommies after many years wait and more recently an ERI league. My mate Mark says it should be the Scottish Registered Male Nurse badge but me thinks I have more chance of a finding a goose that lays golden eggs! Seriously though my next "must have" is the scottish RNMD state badge as its the only scottish state badge that I don't have and I could be tempted by an Elsie Inglis memorial maternity badge from Edinburgh.

wilfb

Hi Sue.

I wanted a Maidstone typhoid medal - but got one recently in a Bonham's sale, so I am at a bit of a loss as far as next's go.  I managed the full range of Scottish GNC badges - including the RMND, but I don't have a duplicate. But I will have to be happy for now in any case - being about to embark on one of our annual 'how much will the petrol bill for another trip Crete/UK/Crete be'?! My advice - get something nice!!!

Will.

myk1066

Hi all.
I'd like one of everything but like hens teeth & a healthy bank balance or a win on the lottery it's near impossible. 
Some of my saught after must haves are as follows:
Scotish Registered Male Nurse.
NZ Male Nurse.
Tommies SEN - I have a SRN version to swap.
London Hospital SEN - I have a SRN version to swap.
St Joseph's, Mount Street Preston.
Preston Chorley SoN.
Orpington Hospital, Farnborough Hospital, & Bromley Hospital, Kent - individual hospital badges.
Full set of Hammersmith.
National Heart & Chest Hospitals.
Royal Navy SoN badges.
A complete set of LCChospital badges.
I could go on............

backman

There are still several items on my ever changing wish list, even though I am downsizing the collection.I would love a Matrons Council as well as a Registered Male Nurses Society badge. I have added pages to my Flickr pages from the 1950 Nursing Times article on the society and it mentions the badge and also one for student male nurses(does anyone know if this one was in fact produced?)
Lots of different London badges as well as a silver Lowestoft and North Suffolk Hospital, Northgate Yarmouth,Isle of Wight Plague medal and too many more to mention.Would also like a Brassard for the QVJI Nurses as well as a nice example of a nurses chatelaine.

Oh and the funds to purchase these.

barrysutton

I'm trying to get a complete set of Nursing/Hospital badges to Cheshire as per borders pre-1974 and the few odd British Military medical items I don't have.
I would be quite prepared to swop/exchange from my fairly extensive collection to complete my outstanding wants.

barrysutton

Also I'm particularly intrested in any insignia with relation to Operating Theatres worldwide.

Magpie

Having trained at QE Schoolof Nursing ( a long time ago!!) I collect Birmingham badges and need Hollymoor and East B'ham. Am also trying to collect hospitals where I have worked and need Orpington and St James' Balham. I also collect medals awarded to nurses mainly from WW1 so always on lookout for these. Any help gratefully received!

nursesue

there's a QE on ebay at the moment at £92. Have sent you a PM RE Hollymoor I also collect brummie badges as I trained at Good Hope. The last EBH went for a large amount of money so am holding onto mine!!
sue

nursesue

ps an EBS has just gone on ebay - 251274082105

barrysutton

Does anyone know where iIcan get a copy of Nursing/Hospitals by Sir Henry Burdett's pub listed by The London Scientific Press, 1st edition 1898 and 12th edition 1928.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk