News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Nightingale SoN Enrolled Badge

Started by Pugwash, May 24, 2012, 08:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pugwash

Hello. I am new to this forum and need some expert advice. I found you by accident on the web.

I qualified at Tommys in the early 80's as an EN and was awarded my EN Nightingale badge (round one).
However I was extremely lucky that when the rules changed a few months later I was offered a conversion course to RN and 18 months later was awarded my RN Nightingale badge (spikey one).
There were not many of us with 2 as shortly after that the Nightingale badge was not awarded any more

This is where I need the advice. I wish to sell my EN badge. I am going to India for 4 months on the POLIO immunisation programme and need to raise funds. I am gratful for the expert training that Tommys gave me and feel that this would be appropirate. Not sure if "sets" are of interest but I have my Bronze GNC badge that corresponds to my SofN badge too

My RN badge is not for sale and will be retuned to Tommys on my death as tradition dictates.

Do you collectors have a special auction place or site, where I can sell my badge. I not sure I want to go to Fleabay as I want it to go where it will be appreciated. Many thanks for any advice.

wilfb

Hello Pugwash.

Welcome. We don't auction anything on the forum and we have no facilities set up to do so. However, members can contact you directly via their mailboxes with any offers they may want to make. I would not regard information regarding your badges as advertising - ..as long as they were not offered for sale directly and listed with a price. We are strictly non-commercial.

I am sure that badge 'sets', particularly one of such ias you mention, would be of serious interest.

Again, I cannot recommend any course of action to you - apart from advising that auction sites offer the most direct route to your money!

I do hope that someone will contact you. Private sales (and mailboxes) are strictly private.

Best of Luck.

Pugwash

Thank you for your advice.

I will see what interest there is here before considering an auction site.

nursesue

welcome to the site and yes would love to put in an "unofficial" offer but I think i may have insufficiant funds to even consider a decent price As for returning my hospital badge I don't think i could It represents to many memories and hard work. I would sell as a set, as Myk would agree, it seems a shame to split them.
good luck with the fund raising
sue

Pugwash

Thank you for all your advice. I have decided to Ebay the items but after the Holiday as I am not around much this week should any questions arise. I let you all know when I place it up for action. I love this site, so many memories of nurse training has come finding back.

I will have to post some of my memories.  ;)

Sarah Rogers

Thats sounds good....paypal is a good way to safeguard payment etc and we can all watch the badge! Lizzie

nursesue

...............please lead me not into temptation.............. :-X

Pugwash

Listed this morning on ebay - happy bidding :)

no 221047000417

nursesue

why do i feel more temptation heading my way See the last Tommies sold but its not winging it's way to Fife..........such a shame cos it would have really looked good in my collection ::)

wilfb

Hi Sue,

This is a very rare chance - Nightingale SEN badges seem very thin on the ground - even compared with the SRN version. And you can save on accommodation in Crete - depending upon the election result (sunday). Get free accomm' & spend it on the badge! We are in Lincoln right now - thinking about selling water. Anyone for 'Linconshire Spring'....

And does anyone still have the link for the just sold on ebay Nightingale SRN?

Will.

backman

nursesue

well i got tempted and was outbid PDQ!! Thanks for kind offer of a squat in crete but may have to send hubby as the greek police ( they issue greek passports) now say it will take 1 week for his passport to be issued and his flight leaves the day before!!!!!!!! AGGHHH no wonder they're in trouble. I as usual have digressed and am watching this badge with interest and sheer envy of its eventual winner - but its all in a good cause. As for the spring water well we have enough rain scotland to keep Noah and his Ark in business for yet another summer........................ ;D

wilfb

Hello all.

Pug wash - is there any chance that you will let us have photographs of your badges - all together if possible, for use on the website? They would be copyrighted to you and used on our news page and galleries....

Apologies for leaving the request late. I am on holiday right now and communications are just a little difficult.

Any photographs sould be emailed (max 650 pix any one side) - webmaster@schoolsofnursing.co.uk

You could of course upload any to the SON galleries directly. The chance to see all together would be unique.

Fingers crossed for both of of us.
Will.

nursesue

ooo please pugwash it would ne lovely to see them and very much appreciated  :-*

Pugwash

What can I say other that I have been humbled.

To the winner  - thank you...I now can stay in India for the full 4 months.Ok not in the Delhi Hilton but I wont be sleeping on the streets.

This site has brought so many memories  back from my nursing days. I have  done as you all asked and  have posted  a photo of my 4 badges. Please Mr Webmaster can you post on the site

I leave for India  in September and wil be back in time for Christmas. I am leaving hubby here to look after dog and our chickens ( He goes green at the sight of the Sunday joint so would be useless coming with me). The target is 10,000 children between 2 - 10 not only for Poio but MMR and tetanus too

If you wish to follow my trip and with ADMINS permission, I will post the link to the blog that I wil be keeping

Thank you Tommies for my training and thank you  for allowing this to happen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk