News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Peterborough Hospitals - History project

Started by nc, March 27, 2011, 12:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nc

Hi
I've been commssioned to make an artwork at the new Peterborough City hospital, finding on the stories of people who worked in all the hospitals of Peterborough & patients who have been treated there.
Can you help? I'm looking for memories of people and places, photos would be great if possible. All data collected will be incorporated into the artwork over the next few months.
you can contact me via the forum or at http://pchhistoriesproject.wordpress.com, art@pbh-tr.nhs.uk
Many thanks

backman

This one is certainly fairly close to home for me as I spent my early years in and around the Peterborough Hospitals.I was born at the Gables whilst my older brother was born at Thorpe Hall.My Bedroom looked out on the St John's Hospital site and I used to wake up to the sound of the Salvation Army band playing on Sunday mornings for the residents of Exeter Lodge.My mother,who had done some nursing in Germany during the war, started her Nurse Training at the Memorial Hospital in 1963 and I remember going with her to get tadpoles from the pond in what I think was the original Nurses home at the end of Aldermans Drive before it was demolished to make way for the Peterborough District hospitals site in the 1960s.My mother later went on to work at the new Maternity unit on Aldermans drive and I used to go to dances at the Nurses home before deciding to undertake my own training(not at Peterborough)
I only have a few hospital items relating to the Peterborough Hospitals but you are welcome to make use of these see; http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=36611823%40N07&q=peterborough&m=text
Good Luck!

nc

these photos are great - thanks. I have plenty from the 1960s-1980's but not many earlier or later.
I've managed to get one badge via ebay.
does anyone know of an archive where I could look for early photos of Peterborough hospital and the nursing staff?
thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk