News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

London Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, August 17, 2013, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Another gone up for sale, now at over £100.

nursesue

I thinks it's one of those popular badges I was surprised to that the other set hadn't sold I wonder if its because the dates on the back don't tally On about sets did anyone get the beautiful medal set complete with the boxed Tommies?  A rare and beautiful set. I so I'd really love to see a photo on here and I bet the story behind the medals is equally as finding

backman

I afraid it went to a dealer who intends to sell it on once researched(Me).So far I have ascertained that the recipient was in the East African Military Nursing Service(Of which I know little) and served with 150 British General Hospital.She was apparently on the SS Khedive Ismail carrying troops to the Far East in in January 1944 when it was torpedoed by a Japanese submarine in the Indian Ocean with a loss of 1,269 personnel ,including 77 women.She was one of the few survivors.It does rather put some of our concerns in to context!

nursesue

oh thats a  wee bit sad but thanks for the information I really appreciate it

nursesue

ps thanks for the photos such a stunning set

Magpie

Lovely London badge just gone for £122. I had my finger on screen to bid at last minute and my son Face timed me to see how I was having been back in hospital today. Bless him aargh!!

Sarah Rogers

Hope that you are better? Perhaps it went to a Londoner!

Magpie

Thanks Lizzie. Have to wait for4 - 5 weeks and if improved will have radio frequency ablation.
Think Im doomed with EB as I was waiting to grab a nurses GNC book this afternoon as I got her nursing notes written in my era (60's) and I wanted to put them together. A friend arrived and I missed my chance!!If anybody on S of N got it they can purchase the notes from me or sell the GNC work record to me.

myk1066

Another nice LH & its corresponding GNC badge have just gone on for £150.

myk1066

Anyone interested in swapping an unissued LH badge that I have message me.

myk1066

Another LH gone on tonight & already in the £90's.  I tried googling the name on the badge but couldn't find anything out about the nurse it belonged to.

myk1066

A LH in Canada on sale starting at £17.50 with its corresponding GNC badge.  Another nice set.

nursesue

if anyone is after a boxed London - Sally B has one for sale on her site

backman

As I was the underbidder at the auction where this was sold,I had thought that nobody would pay silly money for this but perhaps I need to redefine my definition of "Silly"?

Sarah Rogers

Wow- what mark up is she asking?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk