News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Pins, fasteners and backs

Started by eric, March 23, 2014, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrysutton

With reference to the Princess Alice badge I'm sorry to say it but its not a particularly rare badge so probably not worth doing anything about, however a King Edward V11, Port Stanley badge would be another matter.

backman

I have recently tried another product finding recommendations.It is known as Jewellers Rouge and comes as a powder.This can be mixed with water or made into a paste by adding Olive oil( I wish I knew someone who had access to good quality olive oil!).This can then be used to polish out small scratches in glass and enamel(with good results so far).I may try a before and after photo.

wilfb

Hello Peter.

Like the Genie from the lamp I am here to grant your wish!

Without doubt the very best olive oil in the world is Greek 'Kolimbari Extra Virgin' - I sit (when here in Crete) about 5 Km from the presses....  Acknowledged and around the globe and has protected EU status.... How much would you like a couple of tonnes maybe?

If you can't get some at your local supermarket, London has a large supply, even on the markets.

If all that fails consider your wish granted.  I will send you a small supply.... Let me know.

Will.

backman

Bless you Will,
I may now panic if I see an industrial sized tanker pull up in front of the house!Thank you but we are happy to wait for another personal delivery when you are next in the vicinity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk