News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Missing Aunt - Dudley Road Hospital - Delia Coleman

Started by zandrac, November 05, 2008, 09:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zandrac

Hi, can anyone help with this search.  Delia Coleman, born Co. Westmeath, Ireland around 1910/1914 period, left Ireland to nurse during war years and was never heard from again.  Nothing in War Commissions, Nothing in Death Register.  Last known address was Dudley Road Hospital (no records there for that period).  She was also known as Fanny.

Can anyone help me locate this recently discovered long-lost aunt.  Any suggestions where to look now?

wilfb

Hello Delia,

I don't know if I can help with a question I find very intriguing - but I do know someone who may be able to suggest lines of action (though you may have already followed them). A researcher who assists with our individual nurse histories for the main SoN site. I will most certainly ask - I will let you have the response here on the board.

An off chance maybe, but one never knows..

Best Regards.
WB.

zandrac

That would be great, any help at all is really appreciated.

drumaneen

Maybe this will help:

Marraige record for Delia Coleman to John P Troy Oct-Nov-Dec 1944 in Manchester Vol 8d Page Number: 494

Birth records for 5 Troy Children with mothers maiden name of "Coleman":

Vincent C Troy Oct Nov Dec 1945 Macclesfield Cheshire

John Troy Apr May Jun 1955 Surrey N Surrey  

Susan B Troy Jan Feb Mar 1957 Surrey N Surrey  

Catherine F Troy Oct Nov Dec 1958 Surrey N Surrey  

Clare M Troy Apr May Jun 1960 Surrey N. Surrey

Death Record

Name: Delia Troy
Birth Date: 15 Nov 1914
Death Registration Month/Year: Sep 2000
Age at death (estimated): 85
Registration district: Surrey Northern
Inferred County: Surrey
Register number: NSF6
District and Subdistrict: 7571F
Entry number: 37

For North Surrey Read Richmond upon Thames area

zandrac

Thanks so much for such detail.  I have to verify her date of birth and hopefully we will have a match.  I really appreciate your help

nursesue

hi - just out of interest have you tried  http://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum.php - one of my fave sites for looking uo brummie hospitals. Its free to register and is good
sue x

drumaneen

Quote from: zandrac on February 04, 2010, 08:13:01 PM
Thanks so much for such detail.  I have to verify her date of birth and hopefully we will have a match.  I really appreciate your help

Order a copy of her marraige cert online - (all necessary details above) - this will tell you enough to confirm her identity

drumaneen

If you need any more help tracing the children let me know drumaneen [at] yahoo . com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk