News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Another unknown badge

Started by Sarah Rogers, March 22, 2013, 10:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

Hi, Please can anyone help..I am sure that i have seen the answer to this on mutiply/here but cannot know find it... does anyone know which hospital (if it is a hospital badge) this is attached to?
many thanks, Lizzie

backman

Pretty sure this is Halifax Hospital as it mimics the pelican motif from the earlier Halifax Royal Infirmary badges.I'm sure someone will confirm.

p.

Sarah Rogers

Hi, thanks, i thought tht and then sw a comment by ruffordian on multiply , and when i went bck to re read it ..commented deleted!  Lizzie

wilfb

Hi.

I'm not at all certain about that motiff - the pelicans neck is the opposite to the Royal Halifax - to the left instead of right, and there are three chicks on the RHI badge and only two on the badge in question. The detail on the latter is also different - smoother for example - and the badge shape and colouring is compeletely different. Plus is that 'H H' on the badge in question (could be Halifax Hospital of course). As a collector of Halifax badges I would have to say that the njury is very definitely out on this one. It would certainly be nice to believe that another Halifax had been identified though...

Will.

backman

You are absolutely right Will, a little more searching has led me to identify this as a badge for Heathfield House school in Cardiff! see:http://www.sallysbadges.com/shop.php?c=65

Just goes to show how easy it is to leap to the wrong conclusion about a badge and why the collective knowledge of the group members can eventually lead to the right answer. Thanks

Sarah Rogers

Hi, thanks, not the answer i was hoping for ! buut gppd tp resolve that one ..win some lose some...i refrained from that lovely swanley one as that was a school motto!
Lizzie

nursesue

it happens - there are times i've been caught out and sometimes items are "mislabled" I've seen both QMNG and Christs hospital badges sold as nursing but they aren't. However the thing that annoys me is when you want 2 badges that finish at the same time and you get outbid so go for another and pay a little over the odds to find the seller has a "drawerful" of the same badge! A certain Coventry badge springs to mind.... and i never did see the EBH that i really wanted for sale again

Sarah Rogers

or those nottingham, warley and liverpool eye ones!
Lizzie

nursesue

must admit i did buy one of those Liverpool eye  ones but it happened a few years ago with Broadgreen and theres a warley on a buy it now for £75 listed as a rare badge!! (221194613841 is the ebay number)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk