News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

latest Nightingale on sally bosleys site/large london hospital badge

Started by Sarah Rogers, January 04, 2012, 07:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

Hi, does any one know what sally bosley was asking or the most recent nightingale about 1969)  on her web site?.... also the large early london one?
many thanks Lizzie

backman

Item 51973,the damaged one was on sale at 280.00.Still can't figure out why these fetch so much though as they were so many issued over the years? that being said I still want an Enrolled nurse version.

Sarah Rogers

So what would she charge for such a perfect one? her london hodpital ones are cheapr than some have gone for oon ebay a few moonths ago.....but the larger older one is so much bigger..i have seen that worn.id ;ike an enrolled version of the london ...i never saw one in/on uniform that i can recall.

myk1066

Hi all
A damaged Nightingale was recently for sale by leighmeadow for about £250 if I remember rightly.  One of Sally Bosleys was for sale/sold for around £450, she put the price was put up after one went for a similar price on eBay.  It is a complete & utterly stunningly beautiful badge and if the bidding wars are anything to go by they are very much saught after therefore command high prices.  I paid less than £200 for one of mine.  When you have one you know what I mean.  BTW does anyone fancy swapping a Nightingale EN for a Nightingale SRN badge?
The large London is quite rare and also stunning, I am fortunate enought to have a boxed version.
You could try asking Sally what the badges went for but I find that she doesn't give much away as I've asked her questions in the past without much success.
Mike

nursesue

well I am still trying to get one of these elusive and exclusive badges!! I see another one has gone on ebay as well as a training booklet. Myk am happy to swap a £50 note for yer badge although a recent swap of badges with a friend hasn't quite turned out as I hoped. Hey ho one day I will get one until then i can sit and admire the photos I like both Sally's site and have recently got 2 out of numerous bids on Leighmeadows items but its the same story outbid by others or item exceeded my price limit But there's always another day and another badge  ::)

Sarah Rogers

hi yes i noticed that one, a lt of enamel damage to it....but it does have its red box...didnt notice the manual, is that seperate? lizzie

nursesue

hi- it's a seperate listing Pete likes to collect this sort of memoribilia so am sure he'll have a bid on it

backman

Indeed Sue,I do have a weakness for the booklets or prospectuses/i?? from the different schools of nursing.They are usually full of useful information about the conditions of service,salaries and training of the time.I have several from the different London Hospitals ranging from the 1940s onwards but would love to find more ,particularly from Peterborough,Jersey,Norwich or Yarmouth? I have started to copy some of these onto my Flickr pages; http://www.flickr.com/photos/backmanmal/sets/72157625612667954/  and will try and add some of my existing Thomas' booklets shortly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk