News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Charity Calendars 2007 - GOSH 157

Started by wilfb, December 09, 2008, 07:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi,

At the risk of being suspended/banned by our moderator for advertising, there are two calendars for being auctioned on ebay right now in aid of Gt Ormond Street Hospital.

Two wild-flowers of Crete calendars adopted by GOSH PTS 157 for their 51st anniversary meeting in London in August 2008. These are hand produced originals and signed by the four members at the get-together. The ebay photo's do not (nearly) do justice!

ALL funds raised (if any) including the postage (Free to buyers) to GOSH.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170285292335&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

There are only seven signed copies in existence - 5 were gifted to the members. Five because one member could not attend the meeting. Nothing is now known or other original 27 ladies in the PTS....

Hopefully Peter will feel the Christmas spirit ('though there may be a problem - he won't have had any yet!) and not remonstrate/suspend/ban me?

WB. 

wilfb

Hi.

Well, Peter very kindly ignored my (charitable) transgression on the forum policy. Thank you kind sir! The remaining two calendars previously mentioned have now been purchased from ebay by forum members and shipped. The proceeds go to Great Ormond St Hospital. Perhaps the purchasers will tell us all what the calendars are really like when they receive them...

My favourite comment when attempting to raise a few shekels for GOSH is 'Go on, make a kid smile' - especially appropriate at this time of the year for sick children - especially those in hospital.

I can only say 'thankyou' to the members who have taken up my challenge - hopefully they will have made a kid smile.  If we were to tell the kids that I (Scrooge III) had to pay the postage from Greece they would probably roll about laughing. But then it will help my dieting - not being able to buy food that is! Very healthy!

WB.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk