News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

missing medals

Started by Sarah Rogers, August 21, 2012, 05:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

Hi, please can anyone let me know (this is a huge long shot!) if they see the finding medals which were awarded to Mary Eliza Pinsent:

1st class Royal Red Cross awarded 1916(actually presented in 1918 in Alexandria, Egypt by the Duke of Connaught)
British War Medal
Victory Medal
Territorial Force Nursing Reserve badge/ribboned badge
Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Reserve "badge/medal"

and ... sorry!!-this may not be a runner !
GNC badge(she qualified in 1898, but bought her LOndon badge as a league badge post  presentation in about 1932 so i wonder if she was able to buy her GNC badge post qualification

many thanks for your help, Lizzie

wilfb

Hi Lizzie...

The GNC badge - m. e. Pinset would not have been able to 'buy' a GNC badge - but she could have registered without examinations after 1920 (within the time limits) although no badges were issued until 1921.

I think that 'nursesue' may have a book about hospital matrons which might be of help re actual dates, a Peter 'backman' may well be able to assist with more information... You could try messaging them via the 'messages' link.

Will.

Sarah Rogers

Hi Will, thanks for those tips...will follow them up! Lizzie

nursesue

hi lizzie got me book out and am trying find out what i can so wil let you know if i come across anything....
sue x

Sarah Rogers

Thanks Sue, if it reduces the need for trips it all helps! lizzie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk