News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Stolen Badge

Started by Magpie, January 22, 2011, 08:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie

Have just received e-mail from my sister stating that a badge has been reported stolen by the West Mercia police ( along with other objects in a house robbery), this is a Nightingale badge with the name S.Jones  on the back. It was stolen from Upton-on Severn in Worcs. Please watch out for this so that it may be returned to its owner. If you google Nightingale badge it will bring up the report from the local paper. Thanks folks

wilfb

Hello Magpie,

Many thanks for that. When I googled Nightingale badge I got too many results. So I put in 'Nightingale badge stolen' and the report came up as item 1 in the search results - maybe useful to know....

Lets hope the badge is found - it will be difficult to get sell now that the inscribed name is known. It might have a downside though, attempts might be made to remove the name, damaging the badge irrepairably. Lets hope that doesn't happen...

We have long considered setting up a sepecial topic/register for lost or stolen nurse/hospital badges - perhaps we should go ahead, although there are always the drawbacks to consider. Opinions are welcome.

Will.
Ps. Apologies - Here is the direct link to the news item concerned:-
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/8805954.Rare_nurses____badge_stolen_in_burglary/

Magpie

Thanks for the link Will - you know what a technophobe I am!!
This is the year I WILL master the photography of and uploading of my badges. Having moved house have discovered that the most important part of my collection must be in store in a garage I'm renting, can't even remember where I packed it. Will have to go in and try and go through some boxes as I have some important paperwork with some of my WW1 medals awarded to nurses.
Happy New Year!
Rosemary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk