News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Enrolled Nurse Lina Maleczek 1927-2013

Started by backman, January 15, 2013, 07:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Just wanted to mark the passing of another nurse.Lina Seradina,Born in the Soviet Union in 1927,moved to Germany in 1942(Bombed by the Royal Air Force).At the end of the war worked as a nursing aide for the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration (UNRRA) before moving to resettlement camps in the UK( to avoid being shipped back to the USSR she claimed to be Polish) Met Josef Maleczek,a demobbed soldier of the 2nd Polish Corps of the Polish Army,having served in Italy,Married had three children.Undertook her SRN Training at Peterborough Memorial Hospital from 1963 to 1966 but failed her states finals.Went on to become a State Enrolled Nurse in 1970 and ended up working at Peterborough Maternity Hospital in the Special Care Baby Unit.
Passed away 13/01/2013   My Mum, Rest in Peace.

nursesue

Pete  - please accept my sincerest condolences at such a sad time
sue

wilfb

And mine please Peter,

Your mum left a treasure - don't ever doubt that....

Will.

myk1066

My condolences Pete.
I too lost my mother recently, Ali, 5th January 2013.
Mike

backman

Thanks for everyones kind thoughts and commiserations on your loss Mike.
Whilst I may eventually part with many of the badges in my collection I shall at least preserve my own Jersey Hospitals badge and my mothers two Peterborough badges.

Sarah Rogers

Hi, I am so sorry to hear of your loss Pete, and Mike, having coped with my brothers death last year  I can only sympathise- Lizzie

nursesue

Mike am sorry to hear about your loss as well x

barrysutton

I would like to offer my condolences for your sad loss, she sounds like an execptional lady.

suewan

jock57

markwatson

pete im so sorry for your loss please accept my deepest sympathy god bless mark from belfast

markwatson

hi myke sorry for your loss she will always be with you

eric

My heart felt sympathy to you and your family. From her history she was a caring determined woman who passed these qualities to you. A fantastic legacy and wonderful memories. My sincerest condolences.
Eric

Magpie

My condolences to both Pete and Mike, so sorry for you both.

backman

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes.Lina's funeral was held on Friday and friends and family celebrated her life.I hope eventually to piece together some of the missing details of her interesting and varied life.

Regards,

Peter/Backman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk