News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Student records

Started by GS, December 04, 2014, 08:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GS

I have recently come across trained staff who are having issues finding their student training records for the years before the
schools of nursing amalgamated with the Universities. Has anyone any idea what these people can do other than ask the NMC for a transcript of training, which by the way, they don`t always have? Thanks.

eric

Unfortunately, most old school of nursing records (at least in NI) were destroyed when training / education transferred completely to Universities. Records were not transferred to National Board for "safe" keeping. 'Old' records were destroyed and I agree, getting transcript of training can be difficult. Unfortunately, most of this happened before the age of computers and transferring into technology so most records are now lost.

Even more reason why those in this group should endeavour to document and record our "memories" before we are decommissioned to the sod.
Eric

wilfb

Hi.

Yes, I can only repeat Eric's advice. I have spent many fruitless hours attempting to find what seem to be no longer existent records to no avail.  We now routinely direct any asking to the NMC. Sometimes they might succeed/sometimes not. I'm afraid that as Eric said, most were probably destroyed - plus we are doing whatever we can to preserve any recorded history we find....

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk