News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

RCN History of Nursing Steering Group vacancies

Started by backman, November 21, 2014, 09:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

backman

I am tempted ( but I don't do rejection well). Interest in our history seems to be greater than ever with some major centenaries over the coming years ,including the RCN's own,and it would be nice if they could help to broaden that interest.What do members here think that they could ,or should do,to further promote the History of Nursing?

wilfb

Hi Peter.

It might be worth checking out - but if all things are equal why not give it a go?  You are already one of the main leading lights promoting nursing history.  I don't do rejection at all - if it looks like a can of worms I just leave the lid on! And I wonder if the current enthusiasm is due basically to finding events (bandwagon) rather than forward planning with a main aim of promoting our history....

As everyone reading this may well know, my wife Pam and I are sharing a hopefully very long and happy retirement gallivanting around Europe - and of course keeping schoolsofnursing contributing  - along with other seriously important contributors who support the site. 24/7 for the last seven years or so. No adverts. No charges. No information sold. Possibly the largest online photo-galleries in the UK - around 4,000 items. Articles; a forum; all contributed by members. finding online open public galleries; et al....  And all totally searchable. And possibly a finding book. All contributed by members who care about our history for free...

All made possible by voluntary contribution.

I think any member who is able to add to the RCN contribution will do so - for myself I don't think, realistically, I could do more.  And I suppose, being a little selfish, I hope that all contributors will continue to support schoolsofnursing.co.uk - perhaps one day it will not only be the biggest, but also the best!

Unless of course we can interest the Peggy Gugenhiem Foundation...

Will.

barrysutton

I think that what the R.C.N. is trying to do is very commendable as long as its a long time project, however I see that application for this position is only open to R.C.N. members, not being a nurse but having a reasonable medical insignia collection including nursing material I feel that they are not targeting there whole potential of applicants (grouse over). 

Sarah Rogers

HI, to clarify about membership of the RCN History Soc, certainly in London  any one with a interest in the history of nursing is able to become a member. So Barry- you may be able to join your local group!!

Sarah

backman

Just to say that nominations are open for four more vacancies for this group.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk