News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

TV programmes

Started by myk1066, September 11, 2014, 12:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Last night I watched the Kate Adie's Women of World War One  programme, it was a brilliant watch, nice in the fact they showed the strength & determination of women & highlighted some roles such as the Women's Police Service, VAD's & the War Hospital in Endell Street London, run by an all female staff, some of who feature in British Nursing Badges.
The other programme, Under Cover Boss.  Should we be sending our NHS managers, Matrons & upwards on this programme.  Sometimes they forget where they came from & what it's like at the coal face.  It may be an idea to get some MPs going undercover to see what it's really like!

Magpie

Think your idea of undercover boss excellent!!

nursesue

not quite up to date but more a blast from the past - I have just recieved my copy of series 2 of BBCs Angels Its just like the training I got during my days as a student nurse Just can't wait to watch it

myk1066

I never really watched Angels but it is on my to watch list.  I vaguely remember Genera Hospital.

backman

Angels started on TV the same day as I started my Nurse training so admit to watching it. I'm also old enough to remember some episodes of Emergency Ward Ten ( although I'm sure I must have been very young!!!!!)

backman

On the "Angels" theme does anyone have a St Angela's Hospital Badge in their collection?I tried to purchase one at auction a couple of times but was always outbid.
I believe that they were produced for the TV series but am unsure in what quantity and for whom? (there was never a real St Angela's Hospital)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk