News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Manchester Hospitals Badges

Started by myk1066, August 21, 2014, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Hi all
I have a Crumpsall Hospital badge in my collection which is displayed in the galleries.  There is a Withington badge of the same design.  Does anyone know how many more of these hospital badges there are for other Manchester hospitals?

barrysutton

The only other one that comes to mind is Monsall.

wilfb

But an interesting observation Mike. There seems to be something of a black hole regarding the numbers of any particular badge design produced, (and several other stats regarding badge numbers), which will be addressed if possible when we publish the 'open' on-line collections. 'Open' meaning accessible for viewing by the general public.  Still a few short months away (Please don't ask when - I need all the time we have to get it all together) but it won't be too long - we are already approaching 1000 out of 4000 +.

I do think that the project (and I thank again all members who have given permission to add their badges to these galleries) will reveal large gaps in our knowledge - but then pointing to them will increase the chances of finding the gaps.

Will.

myk1066

Can we assume no badge will be repeated, so if say 5 members have the same badge, will only one be displayed unless it is a varient in terms of metal, eg base, bronze, silver & gold, enamel colour way or wording?

wilfb

Hi Mike.

Only one example from any one member hopefully - allowing for the exceptions which you point to.  But people do make mistakes. Hopefully we spot them and give the member concerned a nudge...

Will.

myk1066

On that one Wilf, I wonder how many including variants of, we have in the galleries at the moment?

nursesue

really  not advertising but knowing Myk likes Manchester badges theres a rather nice manchester radiographer badge just gone on ebay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk