News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Folkestone School of Nursing

Started by Mark Kerr, April 25, 2014, 04:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Kerr

Deep breath, here goes...

Afternoon all, new member, first post, so please be gentle. I'm Mark, librarian at East Kent Hospitals, looking after a few boxes of archive materials and putting on occasional displays of old photos of buildings, nurses and other bits and pieces to do with the history of our local hospitals, some still with us, many long gone.

First question - has anyone out these any info on the Folkestone School of Nursing, which would have been based at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Folkestone? The Kent county archive has a prospectus from the 1970s, but I don't have any badges or other material at all, which is a definite gap in our collection. And not a single photo of Folkestone nurses (except in the published book on the hospital). Help! Zero budget, so not looking to acquire necessarily, but images and copies would be worth discussing.

Happy to share images of badges, nurses and hospitals from round here - I've started putting a load up on Flickr at https://www.flickr.com/photos/eastkenthospitals/sets - let me know if you think it worth adding them to the collections section on here.

Kent and Canterbury Nurses League reunion next Saturday (may 3rd), at which I am putting on a photo display, and hopefully gently prising a few more pictures and albums out of them (I get one or two each year at the reunion). I also hold the newsletter archives of two Nurses leagues (Canterbury and Thanet), 80 years of history to be sorted through eventually...

If there are any other Kent people here it would be good to hear from you!

Ta
mark.
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

Sarah Rogers

HI mark- I am in kent- and have a few badges from kent...... sarah

Mark Kerr

Hello Sarah,

glad I'm not alone all the way down here! Our teeny coollection has about a dozen Canterbury and Thanet ones, nothing too obscure, but i'd be interested in knowing if there are Folkestone or Ashford badges or at least pictures of them anywhere.

thanks, Mark
Librarian running small archive for East Kent Hospitals - photos, docs and items relating to Canterbury, Thanet, Ashford and Folkestone hospitals & SofNs.

backman

Welcome to the group Mark.

For some reason the badges of Kent Schools of Nursing seem to come up for sale far less frequently than many other areas? However if you head over to the members Photo galleries you can check out those Kent items on there,and there is a search facility to make that slightly easier.     http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=2

The Set of Folkestone Long Service,etc badges is particularly fine and rare, also there are a number of Kent items from the collection of Bill,a long time collector who we do not hear enough from.Enjoy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk