News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Royal London Homoeopathic Hospital

Started by backman, January 26, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

I came across this whilst investigating my badge and thought it may be of interest to members.I must admit to knowing little about Homoeopathic Nursing but must see if I have the copy of the International Nursing History journal article mentioned.
http://sueyounghistories.com/archives/2008/10/11/the-royal-london-homeopathic-hospital/

Magpie

Have read about and watched documentaries on homeopathy where the theory is "like treated by like". The symptoms are apparently treated by medication causing the same symptoms which is then diluted right down until not seen and then this is given as treatment. One such thing is Nux Vomica which is titrated right down and given for sickness and nausea, taken at full strength would cause vomiting. Don't really understand it but has many followers including our royal family. I remember being at an outdoor show when my children were small and my daughter got stung by a wasp, a lady nearby immediately took out a little container of tiny tablets, put one on my daughters tongue and she stopped crying as the pain had gone.Dont think I'd let anyone do that these days and would probably be reported to some body such as H and S or S Services!!
There are 4 Homeopathic Hospitals in UK, London ( now has Integrated Medicine in title, Bristol, Liverpool and Glasgow.

Sarah Rogers

there was one in Tunbridge wells, now closed, homepathy no longer available.

backman

Magpie

Thanks Peter. There really were some lovely old hospital buildings.

Sarah Rogers

T-wells is still used for admin staff, child hea;th etc, and after my treatment i did see a homeopathic consultant there; until they cut it, but one friend with terminal breast cancer, has had homeopathic trx for many years? 5 and is doing very well...on mistletoe injections; i reacted to it too much.

backman

On a slightly different theme I have come across a reference to the London Homoeopathic Hospital medal belonging to Sister Margaret Sarll which appears in our albums.In the BJoN of March 5,1910 it records that long and faithful service medals and bars were awarded to 8 sisters and 5 nurses.
Sister Margaret Sarll had 4 bars Jan 10th 1886-92;1892-97;1897-02;1902-1907 so the question now is what sort of ribbon would have been used and what form did the bars take,and most importantly where are they!!!!
The article also gives mention to a gold medal awarded to the nurse in training obtaining the highest number of marks in her 3 years examinations.Did any survive or did they perhaps end up in the smelter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk