News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

london hospital badges

Started by nursesue, August 06, 2013, 07:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

does anyone know why the recent ebay London badge was dated?? I do know that seller told my friend( who was bidding on it) that the hospital had contacted him re the badge but didn't elude as to why So, as usual, curiosity has the better of me and is this normal practice for certain hospitals to want to buy their own badges ??? ::) or are the BBC planning a new hospital series and they've asked the London to secure a badge The seller is very reputable so I do believe what he says.... so any answers for this wee curious cat????

Sarah Rogers

HI Sue, all LH badges are dated,-mine is , he has been very good in the past at returning them to their owners...at least twice i think!.(he has told me when asked.).. we have a good active league and perhaps thats how the  owners have been found...that may be why it has been withdrawn.

nursesue

hi lizzie thanks for info just me being nosey!

Sarah Rogers

No Problem.... when I see a youngish badge  it does start off alarms? was it lost/stoeln....and that has happened several times..... but it may be the league has contacted Richard, i dont know !... They were last awarded in about 1990...

myk1066

Hi all
I contacted Richard re the LH & it was withdrawn due to a request, from whom he didn't say, to try and trace the owner of the badge.  If the owner can't be traced then he may re list it.
Mike

Mick B

Mike just a question on that last statement 'if the owner can't be traced he may re-list it'.... that implies he needs permission, is that the case?

Mick

myk1066

Hi Mick, here's his last reply re LH badge:

Dear Mike,
thank you for your message.I believe the person who contacted me had connections as you stated.They are making enquiries as to whether they can trace the named person.If they are unable to trace this person or she/he is deceased they have no objection to me relisting the badge.I experienced the same situation around two years ago (the same hospital badge) where the name on the reverse of the badge contacted me and informed she had mislaid her badge.On instructions I sent the badge to this person.I attempt to conduct matters fairly.I feel reluctant to relist the badge should I be allowed to as it may cause much attention.I shall certainly keep you informed if there are further developments.
with best wishes,
Richard

Also just to let to you all know I think I may have bagged myself a LH SEN badge at a good price, I'll keep you all posted.
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk