News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Nursing Education-Latest report

Started by backman, November 05, 2012, 08:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Sarah Rogers

I  cant admit that i have read this all, but the point about skill mix is very pertinent..from a professional and patient view point...they do seem to rely to much in many areas on untrained nurses
also they seem to still be going on about more happening in the community..... but when I last saw my old DN collegues they were down to 1 Sister, from a tally of 8, 22 years ago..... and they think that that helps the patients.!
..there were no more nurses hours from the sister reduction...the money went elsewhere, last I heard the DN's can only offer a more and more narrow service....because of  service numbers......

nursesue

I am wondering if all this will change again if/when Alex Salmond gains indepenance for Scotland? Where will this leave us in regards to the NMC? Will Scotland be forced to have its own nursing council and will those of us who qualified out of Scotland be able to practice in Scotland? Too many unanswered questions from our beloved leader! ??? ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk