News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Gold Coloured Metal Registered General Nurse Scotland Badge

Started by myk1066, January 27, 2012, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Hi all.
Does anyone know anything about this badge at all?
Thanks, Mike.

wilfb

Nothing at all Myke, sorry.

But you might consider ading it to the Scottish galleries - if you have the copyright to the image of course.

Will.

nursesue

hi sorry but I can't shed any light either - i always thought that they only issued silver versions Any hallmarks on it??

myk1066

Hi & thanks for your replies.  I own this badge so I take it the copyright is mine?  There are no hallmarks just the H&I Edinburgh stamp.

wilfb

Hi Myke.

The copyright belongs to whoever took the photograph (I am assuming that tbe photograph is fairly recent) unless they gave permission for it's use or sold it. I usually just ask at the time of purchase or wait until I have the badge and photograph again. If you can't find the copyright owner after attempting reasonable contact then you can (I believe) claim 'Fair Use'.... et al ad infinitesimo! Better not to get involved beyond that. Or pay!

In reality, I don't think anyone objects to private free use of photographs as long as they are not being used for commercial gain.

Our website is free, but we still try to ensure that there are no loopholes. If in doubt always ask.

The badge would make a very interesting addition.

Will.

backman

I have never come across one of these before and as it has no registration number of name of recipient it may be difficult to even put a definitive age to it? It might be worth contacting Hamilton & Inches : http://www.hamiltonandinches.com/contact-us/   to ask if they have an archive and whether or not they might know anything about this specific badge?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk