News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Costa Concordia sinking

Started by nursesue, January 14, 2012, 07:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

I know that this is a nursing site but as a former cruise ship nursing officer I just wanted to send my hopes and wishes to the Ships Medical crew in what must have a terrifying ordeal The senior officers and in paticular the ships safety officer do endless drills to prepare the crew for this moment  I hated those drills, encroaching on your rest time ,but am so glad I never had to face this moment during my time at sea.
so best wishes to the survivors and condolences to those who perished at sea A poignant time for me as my husband has flown to Norway today to join his vessel and set sail for the North Sea
sue x :'(

wilfb

Hi Sue.

I second that. We do a lot of travelling commercially in the Med, as you know, and we always trust the crews to look after our safety. They always do. I am sure that your husband will be well and that the Concordia event won't be repeated. Don't worry, I think that your husband was thinks a lot about staying safe.

It is though a tragedy for the passengers and crew of the Concordia. I wonder if the nurses on board are all safe. I sincerely hope so and know that you feel the same about them.

Will.

Magpie

Hi Sue
My thoughts are also with passengers and crew, absolutely dreadful to imagine.I've done 2 cruises as a passenger with our drills on the first day of each, OK when sailing normally I guess but very scary when the ship is listing,dark and people panicking.
I'm sure your husband will be fine, by now everything will be second nature to him and he'll be thinking of getting back safely to you.
Best wishes
Rosemary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk