News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Association of Sick Children's Hospital Nurses

Started by backman, January 05, 2012, 11:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

I came across information on this organisation whilst looking for something else recently and thought I would share the link, particularly as it mentions the badge which is on the album pages of this site.

http://www.abpn.org.uk/Portals/_Rainbow/Documents/historyofabpn.pdf

It details that a total of 500 badges were ordered at a cost of 4/9d (24.5p)each to be ready for June 1941 however delays meant this order was reduced to 250.The wearing of the badge was discontinued around 1953.

We might then surmise then that if all of these badges were issued and there was no repeat order that 250 did exist, of these some will be lost,damaged,destroyed or scrapped,some will be retained by the families of ex members and some will be in collectors hands.So the question would be what are the odds that one comes up for sale in the coming year and in regards to the scarcity of these what would it be worth?

barrysutton

Hello,
There are some photo's on the site of Margery Davenport (my mother) she has one of these badges at that time the Royal Liverpool Children's Hospital at Mytle Street didn't issue a hospital badge, she qualified in 1946.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk