News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

South West London Hospital Group School of Nursing : St James' Hospital +

Started by Varanaman, October 21, 2008, 12:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varanaman

St James' Hospital [Balham]
South London Hospital for Women & Children [Clapham South]
Netherene Hospital [out in the wilds of Surrey somewhere]
Bolingbroke Hospital [Wandsworth Common]
St Benedict's Hospital [Tooting]
Tooting Bec Hospital [Tooting Bec Common]

backman

Welcome Varanaman!
Can we presume this is where you trained,if so what era? A good number of hospitals here with long histories between them,Was there a Training school badge and are you able to list a photo? Are there any specific memories about any of these locations?
Look forward to hearing more,

Peter/backman

wilfb

Hi Peter, Hello Varanaman. Welcome.

In reply to one of Peter's questions - we do have a SW London School of Nursing badge featured at:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/SWLondonGroupSWM74.htm

All the hospitals listed by Varanaman can be seen on that same page, and of course using the National Archives link - and thereafter their search facility, full details of all the hospitals mentioned can be located - from their opening dates to the present day.

Maybe Varanaman can elaborate also whether the badge we feature is the correct one for 1974?

Best Regards,
W.

Varanaman

The badge shown in the link is the State Enrolled Badge - matched the green uniform of the SEN.
The SRN badge is the same design but has a pale blue background to match the staff nurse uniform (but only providing you were a female nurse).

Yes, I trained at St. James' Hospital from 1969 - 1971.

Over the next couple of weeks, when less busy, I will photograph my badges. I'm retired now and along with my partner run a reptile rescue & re-homing center in S W London. At the moment we have over 100 animals to care for - and they are our first priority.

I am going to show-off now ... I have TWO School of Nursing badges, the regular Blue one plus one made of pure GOLD awarded as "Nurse of The Year 1971" ....

Regards,
Richard.

backman

Thanks Richard,
It's always good to confirm the badges awarded for a specific era or timescale as so often there is little recorded evidence as to this since the closure of many Schools of Nursing.Well done on the gold medal and we look forward to seeing a picture when possible,
regards,
peter/backman

nursesue

welcome Richard and please keep up the good work with the rehoming
sue :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk