News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Found my badge on eBay !

Started by olicat, February 14, 2012, 11:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olicat

olicat

Hi

My badge from the London hospital has turned up on eBay . My name is on the back , Lynn Davies. Please can you all refrain from bidding as I am trying to get it back ! Thanks

Report to moderator     92.12.230.191

Sarah Rogers

WELL DONE, LETS HOPE SALE STOPS...GREAT IF IT CAN GET BACK TO YOU.. LIZZIE

nursesue

OMG how weird is that?? Good luck and I promise i won't be bidding on it  :o

backman

Good Luck. Was the badge originally stolen or just lost? Have you contacted the vendor to let them know and ask if they would consider selling it directly to you? They may well have acquired it in good faith but should be mindful of it's provenance.I will certainly not bid but it may still go to a buyer who is unaware of the personal nature of your bid.

olicat

Great news! The eBay seller of my badge will return it to me free of charge! How good is that ! Found out about it from The London Hospital group on Facebook . Someone sent me a message!

backman

Excellent news,Whilst people do find replacement badges I believe it's rare that we see people reunited with their own badge(and at no cost)

Magpie

Really good news, you must be delighted
Best wishes

nursesue

great news congratulations   ;D

myk1066

Thats excellent, but how did it end up on eBay, it would be interesting to know.
Myk1066

wilfb

Hi olicat.

Brillant! We always advise people with lost badges to search ebay - but realy we meant to find another one! Never ever did I think that someone would find their own - although I suppose there was always an outside chance....

Well done olicat - you deserve a medal, let alone a badge!

Will.

olicat

Not only have I been reunited with my badge, but have managed to find the owner of the replacement badge I purchased from eBay for a vast sum!! I am sending her badge back. So two London hospital badges have been returned to the original owners.

Sarah Rogers

Hi, thats great news, well done ..a swap around, and so good of the seller of yours to send it too you for free!..how did you find the owner of your replacement one? Lizzie

olicat

I found her through a group on Facebook for London hospital nurses. The wonders of the Internet !!

nursesue

wilfb

Hi.

The return of olicat's missing badge is a star turn, without doubt.....

I have wondered several times about publishing a list of badges reported lost; missing; or stolen. There has always seemed so much room for error that I have always shied away from the idea. But perhaps a forum topic for reporting such situations would be a worthwhile idea. There is of course no reason why anyone cannot add a missing (lost or reported stolen) badge to the forum, but I wonder if we should keep it all together as a topic. Or as a special list?

I am certainly not looking for extra work, but if people think that we need something we can give it a go... Equally, if it is considerd not needed I will be quite content.

What do other people think?

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk