News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Missed again!

Started by backman, October 10, 2013, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Was anyone successful on the large collection of Nursing badges sold at auction yesterday? I thought I had bid high but they went for well above the expected prices.Anyway well done to the successful bidder,I wonder if it was a dealer or a collector?

wilfb

Hi Peter.

Not me - I was made aware of member interest and refrained - not difficult as I had emptied the cashbox for this year!  What was the eventual price?

backman

The first lot (149)of 48 assorted badges went for £1100,the second(150) of 47 badges fetched £1400 and the smaller lot(151)of 20 assorted items ,but on 3 Nursing badges reached £170.With a buyers commission of 18% I thought they a costly way of getting just a few rarer items.Still the laws of supply and demand will out as usual.

myk1066

What was the item number, missed them!

backman

This was a collectables auction in Newbury,although it's a little bit early you might be able to see the lots in their prices reached section when they put them up?  http://www.specialauctionservices.com

backman

I tried to add some images to the albums but they were too large,sorry.

Mick B

What were the badges of note there, I'm not a collector of nursing badges but there don't seem to be many I haven't seen before.

Mick

myk1066

I think I agree with you  Mick, only 1 or 2 I've not seen before!
Mike

backman

I agree that there were only a few rarer items and few if any super rare ones.I liked the Salisbury with a Bar and the Royal Navy EN looked to be original but generally i suspect these may end up with a dealer?

barrysutton

I have all as shown on lots 147, 148 & 151, and was only missing about six altogether from lots 149 & 150, the prices appear a bit random!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk