News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Florence Nightingale 2020

Started by backman, May 04, 2016, 07:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Preparations are already being made for the 200th anniversary of FN's birth.Perhaps it might give members enough notice to think of planning an event? Remember though FN wasn't  keen on the Nursing badge!
https://florencenightingale2020.wordpress.com

myk1066

When were the first badges issued?  How could Florence Nightingale not be keen on a badge as beautiful as the St Thomas's hospital badge?

backman

As she died in 1910 she predated the Nightingale badge(1925) although there were several other hospitals which had issued badges by then.

myk1066

Does anyone know when the first bronze medals depicting Florence Nightingale were issued, some are displayed in the galleries?  I know some were private purchases if memory serves memory right & from previous postings rather than hospital issued badges.

backman

If you mean the one I generally refer to as the Nunquam non Paratus(never Unprepared) I can't recall the earliest I have seen,bearing in mind that many were not engraved other than with the owners initials. I certainly know it still featured on badges engraved in the 1920s.

myk1066

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk