News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

New badges.

Started by backman, November 15, 2015, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Found this and wondered just how many hospitals are reinventing the badge?
http://www.rlbuht.nhs.uk/RLBNurse/Pages/RLB%20Nurse%20Badge.aspx

wilfb

Hi.

I don't know, Peter.  The badge construction looks fine, but the (almost) total lack of hospital identity seems a severe departure.... Are we starting the process of rebadging nursing history do you think.  Any idea who designed and manufactured it?

Will.

Magpie

Our Trust issues badges to all nurses and midwives on qualifying. Has Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on it. We also have a badge award ceremony and reception which is much appreciated by the recipients. We also feel that it adds a little kudos to retention of newly qualified nurses.

wilfb

Hi.

Sounds very to me Rosemary - excellent.  The badges are identified and I feel certain that the recipients are proud to receive them.  Is the maker known? And are the badges inscribed with the recipient name and date?

But no, it is the lack of hospital or other ID on the face of the badge in question that I feel is a loss.....

Will.

Sarah Rogers

But so often people do not feel ownership of /loyalty to one hospital as they they have trained at a university, covering many hospitals, hence the demise of some leagues of nursing...  so it gets difficult to find symbols to cover all the hospitals- see City University's example, which I feel is a pretty good one as they go, and better than some of the earlier examples when The London and hBarts first combined! ( the awful black and white knot ting- meant to be inclusive, but as its called Barts Health- the name does not reflect the origins of the recently broke now mega trust...! sarah

Magpie

Yes agree Sarah. Our students come from up to 3 universities and will have placements at private hospitals,nursing homes and other hospitals and our Trust consists of 3 hospitals. I agree with you as well Will, I think that to have the hospital,motto etc is lovely and why I guess we are all bewitched by badge collecting but not feasible now sadly. Better than nothing and something to treasure according to the nurses I talk to at the badge ceremony. Rosemary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk