News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Does this count as a badge?

Started by Mick B, May 12, 2014, 08:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick B

wilfb

No - it looks more like a bottle opener!!

But you could classify it as 'ephemera'....

Will.

Magpie

Really don't like these plastic watches but I guess they are easy to wipe clean. Quite popular where I'm being nursed at present, just think they look a bit tacky.

Mick B

I also belong to a watch forum, last week on a short thread on nurses watches a member showed a picture of a nurses fob watch with the nurses name engraved at the top, he made what I thought was a throwaway remark about trying to contact the person, he found her by just googling the name. She had lost the watch during a house move and he later found it on ebay in a job lot.

Sarah Rogers

sorry to hear that you are being nursed at present Magpie- get well soon!
Sarah

nursesue

alas not my cup of tea but it may be an antique of the future

barrysutton

Well the oval badge at the top is alright but as for the rest.

Mick B

I just noticed something else, I took the pictures at the same time, so possibly I accidently touched the winder, I was abducted by aliens in that moment between shots or its kaput!

wilfb

Perhaps... But it is an unusual item and certainly worth noting.  In the way of the world it could become very sought-after in the not too distant future.

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk