News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Where are the badges?

Started by Magpie, April 21, 2014, 06:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie

Have just spent several hours walking around the Winchester Antiques fair - not a single hospital badge!
Did however buy a lovely medal awarded to a Nursing Sister of Princess Christians Army Nursing Reserve in 1901. Then just had to buy the PCANSR badge from Peter's site, why does heart rule pocket in this collecting mania? No more spending for many weeks now.

wilfb

Hi Magpie,

I don't do heart problems! But a PCANSR badge is well worth any holes in the pocket....

Will.

Sarah Rogers

What sort of medal was it? QSA? KSA?
Can you research her ?

backman

I did the Norwich Showground Antiques fair and other than a certified Midwifes badge I didn't spot a thing.My usual badge dealer that I can usually rely on to have at least a few Nursing items had a mechanical problem so wasn't there!!! There does however seem to be a rush of items coming up on Ebay including one or two scarce ones.

Magpie

It is a KSA awarded to Nursing Sister Amy Florence Draper. She trained at The Royal Hospital, Portsmouth and joined PCANSR on 9 March 1900 with the 415.She served at Kimberley and returned to England 18 Feb 1901. I only have the Roll of individuals entitled to the South Africa Medal and Clasps, under the Army order granting the medal, issued on 1April 1901 and another paper headed Name,Location and Reported date.have looked on Boer War website and she doesn't come up.on the Roll beside her name it says " Medal presented by the King" which none of the other names have.

Sarah Rogers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk