News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Crimson Fields

Started by barrysutton, April 06, 2014, 11:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrysutton

A fairly good attempt at re-creating a W.W.1 field Hospital , however some of the uniform and insignia is wrong, i.e. sisters cape (should have been red not maroon) and other things such as Matron's cape.

dollydettol

I agree and it was so silent, so near the front, would have expected 'war noise' who advises on these get it wrong all the time

barrysutton

Another point, the Matron's Q.A.I.M.N.S. medal should be in silver gilt, the sister's ones were in silver.

backman

I did think it strange that the Tippets were maroon rather than scarlet,but I suppose it is only meant to be a representation of the period? I must dig out my copy of Lyn Macdonalds Roses of No Mans Land ,I can recommend it for a good description of the work of WW1 Nurses.

myk1066

I have just watched the first 2 episodes of this.  What a big shame that they couldn't get the uniforms of the nurses right.  There is a wealth of information out there as we all know, what have their researchers been up to?  On the whole a good watch though.

Sarah Rogers

I heard that Professor Christine Hallet was the advisor, doesnt mean to say that they listened to it... look at the mess they mad eof the London uniforms, and still do a little on call the Midwife...even down to having the wromg name above the hospital!, and my Godmothers son did the music.on crimson fields....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk