News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Gloucestershire Royal School of Nursing

Started by Bored Hat, November 08, 2007, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bored Hat

I did the 'academic' part of my training here with the hands on stuff at Coney Hill and Horton Road Hospitals. The School of Nursing was largely an occasional retreat to top up on theory and principles - all vital, but the real grounding was on the wards. Being in school was treated as something of a furlough - time away from the wards and a couple of "shift free" weeks! It was great 9 - 3 and a pub lunch!!!

backman

I look forward to more Reminiscences of your hospital,can I ask you when you trained and if the badge you were awarded was this one?   http://squirl.info/asset/show/420?c=Decorative&cid=0&i=2
regards Peter

Bored Hat

Ah - no!
The badge was specifically Coney Hill and Horton Road Hospitals. Sorry for any confusion - the S of N was at the Royal!
Actually, I lost the badge a few years ago during a move - I was very annoyed!!

Bored Hat

I've just remembered that there was a little School of Nursing at Coney Hill Hospital (servicing both units). It was an old, single storey pre-fab buidling next to part of the O T Department. It was quite small and was bursting at the seams with 20 people in it!
Quaint little place used just now and then but a justifiable School of Nursing none-the-less!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk