News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Badge Identification..

Started by wilfb, November 03, 2009, 09:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilfb

Hi.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess at the identity of the nursing badges in the photo below....

They are taken from an early nursing uniform photograph sent to us by a correspondent asking the same question. It would be nice to be able to help..... I will post to the nursing badges site too a little later, and the full uniform photograph will be added to our 'Uniform' galleries under the title 'annie'.....

Will.
Ps. Only registered members will be able to see the photographs.

backman

Not the easiest is it Will? It looks to have a crown or emblem between the lower medal and the top device.My first thought was Lady Aberdares medal for Cardiff but I'm not convinced.The photographer had 5 branches across London but of course that could be a complete red herring!
I'm tempted to think its a commemorative emblem but thats total guesswork????

myk1066

Hi all
The lower badge, could it be Truro?
Mike

henry

I have taken it up to 200%  the most without losing all definition, I think the bottom badge may be an early Queen's Institute of District Nursing badge, but the whole uniform photo may give more idea.

wilfb

Hi Henry.

you can see the full uniform picture (enlargeable) here:-

http://www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=12&pos=0

I know that the owner of the picture is very keen to identify as much as possible, but especially the badges.

Be interested in hearing your thoughts.

WB.

barrysutton

Hello,
Possibly St. John's Ambulance V.A.D. insignia for W.W.1.?
All the best,
ODPBarry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk