News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Where is the logic?

Started by myk1066, September 30, 2014, 07:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Why would a seller list badges at a buy it now price which then don't sell & then they relist them at a higher price?  Surely the fact they didn't sell in the first place should tell them something!

nursesue

my sentiments exactly The others  being unknown "unknown badge - rare" If you don't know what it is how can you say its rare and "rare GNC badge" in a listing of 50 others Do they think that the word rare is going to increase there sale price?? >:(

myk1066

Also what constitutes vintage/antique.  Should we have a list of badges that aren't true hospital badges, which would help new collectors & us long in the tooth collectors, in the right direction, an example being school badges where Hospital is included in its title, that are in actual fact schools!  I know I've been fooled in the past!

backman

Logic doesn't come into the buying and selling of Nursing badges,think heart rather than head(or wallet)! ;D

myk1066

I think we've all been there on that one :o

wilfb

Hi.

Yes, we have all most certainly been there....

But, however unpalatable that it may seem, unless one has incontrovertible evidence that a badge is being sold which is not as described there is in fact little, other than reporting one's belief to the seller, to be done.  If a badge were being sold far too cheaply because the seller was not aware of it's true value (whatever that may be) would you tell the seller? Or grab a bargain?

Where you may believe a seller is deliberately attempting to deceive (I emphasize believe) then clearly it is a matter for the seller and his sales agent (perhaps (e.g.) ebay). And of course there is nothing to stop informed debate about such topics - perhaps the best method.

At the end of the debate unless we are absolutely certain of our facts it is perhaps as well to remember that, however unpalatable it may seem, we would be up to our ears in litigation if we were to list what we believed to be erroneous description, whatever the reason. I'm afraid that a list is a no-no, sorry.

Perhaps ' buyer beware' should always be taken literally.

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk