News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

St Thomas Hospital Badge

Started by myk1066, August 17, 2012, 12:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

Anothe one gone on eBay this evening, is it genuine?

Item number:  261083786922

Sarah Rogers

Is it from the same seller as before?, the previous one came from birmngham, she a=sadi she wasnt selling them both becuse of sentiment, hence taking the pair off...but then sold one them seprately....i would ? its provenanace.... Pugwash was trying to find outif / how we could check it....not having a name is very iffy , and the enamel does look rather uneven..not the usual high quality, Lizzie

nursesue

I agree with you guys I also think that this is the same seller - am I tempted yes but guess it'll go above my imit!!

myk1066

The previous Tommies was from Dawn7846 who is Birmingham based!! Could be connected.

Sarah Rogers

could be using another ebayer to sell it.?, i seem to remember similar flaws in the enamel on the other... but cannot see them now as the little image i have is rather small!.. Lizzie

wilfb

Hi.

The whole thing seems a bit "iffy" - I don't like the colour of the enamel - and that silver hallmark?  But, it has to be acknowledged, if it is a copy it is aq very good one. Like the misprinted stamps - which flow in abundance - if it is not genuine it could still be a collector item! Ditto if it is.

It could also be part of the previous ebay pair which has been sold-on, perhaps in order to increase the profits. It can only be said to be a case of buyer beware. An unamed Nightingale badge would indeed be a rare find, but could also be a costly error. Either way it seems an each way gamble without maker verification - which is extremely unlikely to become available.

It may be the chance of a lifetime, but for myself, well, I don't think it is one for me.......

Will.
Ps. Nightingales seem to be becoming uncommonly common?

myk1066

Hi guys
I emailed seller of said badge, no reply as yet!  I've compared his photo with that of dawns listing previously & it's the same picture!!!
Curiouser & curiouser.

nursesue

It's always possible that its the same badge but different seller I sometimes sell badges on from 2 of my friends but try to make this known in my listings Am I still tempted - yep i sure am

Sarah Rogers

reply from seller, which is what the seller of the pair said last time!- so may have 2 names on  ebay-lots do;
"hi this badge belonged to my father sadley he passed away a few months ago,over 20 years he collected many old items this is just yet another item of his that i dont know anything about sorry i cant help you much kind regards snowy2323.  "
lizzie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk