News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Magpies guessing corner

Started by Magpie, November 21, 2013, 11:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie

Another Nightingale badge up for auction, present price £480 with 9 days to go. I don't think it will reach that anyway, no bids so far but expect I'll be proved wrong. What do you all think?m

myk1066

They'd be better starting low I think & it would probably make that anyway!  Anyone want to swap an EN version for one of my RN versions?  I live in hope.
Mike

nursesue

my guess is £525 and alas no can swap as don't have EN version :'(

barrysutton

I'm sorry can't do the swop as I don't have the E.N. version but if someones desperate for one they can have mine for £500 and I'll include P. & P. insured.

Magpie

Have contacted seller - not named to any nurse.

Sarah Rogers

No, and they said it was an original box? (usually red leather) but does have loyalty on the back?
Sarah

Sarah Rogers

this is what the seller said:
It is the original box which is blue and is genuine, what is written behind is " Nightingale School St Thomas Hospital Silver Loyalty"

myk1066

I too contacted the seller & here is her reply.
"Nightingale School St Thomas Hospital" "Silver" "LOYALTY" is what is inscribed on the reverse.
It belonged to my father who was one of the last to get it.
There are no chips as my dad never took it out of the box.

Re the blue box, one of my St Thomas' came in a blue box, so it is probably right.
Mike

nursesue

can I start this with another badge that is the wonderful London Homeopathic? Stunning badge and as they say on Dragons den " I'm out" my guess on final sale price £250 and yes i envy the eventual winner and if its you Congrats

backman

I'd like the answer to be £154,purely on a personal basis! Suffice to say I hope this may be my retirement gift from the NHS.It's been on my wish list for a while,fingers crossed.

Sarah Rogers

Lets hope it stays down-it is a beauty, people seem to be oushing it up!...no picture of one on here either?
Sarah

wilfb

I think perhaps 196 GBPounds.

Will.

Magpie

What a lovely badge! Have not been looking for a little while due to a severe case of "buyingbadgeitis". I'm sure that you have all suffered from this malady at times!! I would guess £205. By the way is there a cure for this attraction I have had to must have items? Perhaps the bank statement shock I had is the answer.

Sarah Rogers

it is a permenent illness!   £235?

wilfb

Dear Magpie.

Perhaps it is due to 'multitasking' - Olé!! (Gotcha!) With apologies.....

And no, it is not a permanent illness - it won't recur until you do it again! I stick to 196 GB Pounds....

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk