News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Many Thanks for your Support(and Money!)

Started by backman, March 29, 2015, 08:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

Just wanted to thank all of those members who have helped in achieving one year of my Sales site. I am still not yet a multi millionaire but I have been able to add to both my own and several other peoples collections.More importantly I have at least been able to help several nurses to replace lost and missing badges(not least without your help).I have shifted 8 Nightingale School of Nursing Badges,several Delightful porcelain figurines of Nursing,and badges to Canada,Australia and New Zealand.As far as downsizing my collection is concerned I haven't even started on my loft and the mass of books,Postcards and pictures,etc that currently serve as roof insulation.
So a big Thank you to all your help and support and I hope to uncover more treasures during the coming months,although this is getting more and more difficult(and costly)

myk1066

Much appreciated, it takes some doing to go into business yourself.  Here's to your continued success.

nursesue

it's a pleasure - its a site I recommend when I get asked if I have a badge that somebody is after  ;D

caro7b

Brilliant website Pete. Love it. I too, recommend to people looking for stuff. You hurry up and turn out that attic........

caro7b

And talking of clearing out attics, any one want any International Journal of Nursing history.Languishing in mouldy cupboard.

Sarah Rogers

HI, if there is anything in them about matrons- the early ones from the 19th/20th c then possibly- are they heavy? thanks Sarah

caro7b

I' lol have a look thru. Not really heavy. Quite small journals. If I find one with stuff you need (I know there is one about a Canadian Matron) I could send you so you can see

backman

I know there was an article on Eva Luckes in Vol 7 no3,if that helps?

caro7b

Bloody hell Pete, what don't you know. Just looked in the pile and there it is waiting to be read!! Sarah if you would like it and a couple other articles, one Canadian, one Australian, email me your address. Pete could you also divine for me which one of my old girls is going to come up with best W I badge. Yours very respectfully,

Caroline

Magpie

Congratulations on your first year, doesn't time fly when you're having fun?!! Seriously many thanks for some great badges, particularly the Princess Christian huge one. Wishing you lots of luck for further success. Rosemary

Sarah Rogers

Thanks re the article Pete- I have emailed you caroline, thanks. Sarah

backman

I do miss receiving the International History of Nursing Journal through the door 4 times a year.I always read it from cover to cover and always learnt a lot(much like Will's monthly Newsletter-delayed due to changing over servers!) I must admit to taking mine off the shelf again and having a re-read.Also found the article on Nursing Badges by Stephen Callandar Grant( does anyone still have contact details for him?)
I am currently dying from Man Flu but may pull through to drag myself around an antiques Fair in Norwich this weekend.The postman has just delivered some Jersey Royal potatoes ,mint and Jersey butter so with the lamb from my butcher I'm sorted for the weekend(apologies to any Vegetarians amongst you-Still relish but just replace the lamb!)

wilfb

Hi Peter,

Many belated congratulations on that first year. It is a fabulous site and can only get better. I for one am pulling for you in every way I can. I know of no-one who has done more for nursing history - and to schoolsofnursing to boot - you are a real credit to the cause....  And I know that Steph' must keep you in line!!!

Very Best,
Will.
Ps. I am back on line but will be maybe a day or two to set up all again.

nursesue

Stephen Callender Grant now there's a name I haven't heard in long while. As i'm not a vegetarian what time is lunch I could bring a wee dram of Scottish alcohol to help with the man flu. Seriously its not long before we arrive in your neck of the woods Are you anywhere near Acle??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk