News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Pembury Hospital-new history

Started by backman, June 21, 2013, 09:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrysutton

With reference to the person who purchased the R.A.F. trained nurses badge, they only had State Registed Nurses but they also have a belt buckle, unfortunatly I don't possess one.

markwatson

thanks barry for letting know about the RAF badge a London hospital badge just sold on ebay in the last 15 mins for £92.99 +post they seem to be catching up on the tommies in price take care my friend markwatson47@yahoo.com

barrysutton

Fortunately I have both the badges you've highlighted, I've never tried to sell some of the rarer badges in my collection so I don't really know there value and luckily for me I've had them sometime and they cost next to nothing, for example a 'Tommies' for £3.50, a K.E.M.H. Port Stanley £12, Hammersmith S.E.N. £6, 1 of Florence Nightingale's visiting card plates £25.

henry

I trained at Pembury Hospital 1953 to 1957. Returned there in 1978 the first man to do a post grad cert midwifery.

I was a member of the Tunbridge Wells Nurses League, editor of the League Magazine for 8 years and the Last chair of the Executive Committee. The League disbanded 10 years ago as we were all getting long in the tooth.there were 70 members at out last meeting and we made a film of the event.

My badge was stolen 30 years ago, to my great distress, 2 badges are displayed in a collection I would love to buy one but the collector has not replied to my message  ???

jock57

hello lizzie and wilf,
I will keep the stuff safe as I collect it myself. mainly park prewett hospital and training school.
I have a scanner but I do not think there is a bit for slides. I will try your idea to scan but I think I
will have to send them away to get done. thanks for your interest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk