News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Copyright

Started by backman, May 23, 2015, 01:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

On a recent trawl through the internet I was surprised to find so many of my own pictures of badges,nurses ,etc being shared on other peoples websites.Now I am am generally quite happy to share such pictures to encourage further discussion and knowledge sharing and when asked I will rarely say no if the copyright is mine to allow reproduction.All I will generally ask is that people acknowledge the source and reference it to the appropriate site.I am a little concerned however that some people seem to think that once an item appears on line it becomes public property to be used as anyone wants.Just wondered what others think about this and whether anyone "Gets Tough" with such blatant breaches of owners copyright?

nursesue

I know where you've seen your badges and the same person has also uploaded my photos from ebay. Like you I don't mind but it would be nice to ask or even acknowledge where they get them from I now put a copyright sticker on my for sale badges and it seems to have stopped I've even offered to upload photos to that site about 18 months ago and I'm still waiting to hear!!
my tough stance at the moment is my copyright sticker

wilfb

Peter.

I know of no one more helpful than yourself in relation to copyright.  But, and it is a very large 'but' if people do not acknowledge your copyright on-line it's use can become exponential regarding copyright free copies of what are, in effect your images. Your work..... Be tough (please) - it is to the good of everyone....

Plus - I even provide links to anything I use from others so that they can see that I have carried on the copyright and acknowledged their work.

Very Best.
Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk