News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Items on *ba*

Started by Magpie, May 16, 2016, 10:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magpie

Just had a look this evening and there's a Nightingale on for £10.50 so far and a Meglaughlin British Nursing Badges for £39.99 so far.

myk1066

Clocked them.  The book is much cheaper than the other one listed.  I've one if the books to swap if anyone is interested.

myk1066

£77.99 the British Nursing Badges book went for, the one at £235 didn't sell!

myk1066

The Nightingale is at £490 with a day to go.  Does anyone know the highest price paid for one so far?

backman

As stated many times before, any badge is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it. To many people our collections so carefully amassed at great expense aren't worth a jot! it really is academic.
I do recall one cased Nightingale sold a few years back for £1500 but all I would say is I'm sure the winner of that one is just as happy with it as the owner of a £50 one....

wilfb

Hi.

Well said Peter, it really does depend....  I really have no idea what the maximum price could be - perhaps that £1500 is tops, but it really must be worth it to the buyer...

Will.

myk1066

Another Nightingale gone on this evening at £200, the accompanying GNC badge and a buckle belonging the same nurse also listed.

nursesue

its a lovely set but there is something quite sad about it  :'(

myk1066

I know, I hope it goes to a collector as a complete set.

Sarah Rogers

I doubt it will stay together, as not everyone is prepared to repatriate items.

myk1066

I messaged seller to ask for him to re list as a set in order to preserve the set, awaiting reply.

nursesue

further to the debate re prices of badges I agree a badge ( or any collectable item ) is worth what somebody is willing to pay. A recent (and rather costly) EBH badge was on my wanted list Hope you can all see the photo and agree with me it was so worth it

myk1066

What the S for in EBS?  Is it School?

myk1066

The St Thomas badge, buckle & GNC badge listed individually, the seller won't list as a set 😞

myk1066

Check out the damaged Nightingale on bay this evening!  Nice box I must say.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk