News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Chichester SoN & St Augustine's Hospital badges

Started by myk1066, May 03, 2014, 11:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk1066

The 2 badges are of a similar design where the figure in the circlet of the badges depicts St Augustine of Canterbury, I believe.  Are the 2 badges linked at all?
Mike

backman

Hi Mike,In this case I don't know of any link between the two Hospitals as they were under different Health Authorities.I think the most likely explanation may be that Manufactures such as Fattorini,Gaunt,Vaughton et al would have had a basic pattern book of badge designs including shapes and motifs and any School of Nursing who had were looking for a new badge design might flick through it and select something that met their need.Thus many SoNs with no obvious links might have badges which resembled each other except for the wording.In one case I believe that two separate hospitals may have used exactly the same design including the Motif. I have had confirmation that the NGH badge sometimes seen was issued by the Northern General Hospital Sheffield but have also had people say that it was definitely awarded by Newsham General Hospital Liverpool???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk