News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

royal gwent badge on ebay

Started by Sarah Rogers, November 30, 2011, 11:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

Hi, what is of such ( financial ) interest about the royal gwent badge on ebay?? ....Lizzie

backman

In no particular order,possibly:Rarity,Condition, attractiveness,Geographical location(Several collectors competing for Welsh badges),Testosterone,Sheer Pigheadedness,Too much disposable income???

As one of the early bidders I was after it as a nice clean undamaged example of a rare badge for the Hospital that my wife trained at.I also have a passion for collecting the badges celebrating the hospitals of Wales.If I had come into money recently then I probably would have gone higher myself.

Sarah Rogers

Thanks, as a newbie to this i am learning..id too have bid but it went so high! lizzie

nursesue

I was also tempted as loved the design but resisted once I saw Pete's bid. I also missed out on Leighmeadows lovely Scottish badge as that went out of my price range Love Petes description of reasons why the Gwent went high
sue x

myk1066

Hi all
It was me who won the Royal Gwent.  I fit into several of the categories described by Pete though I like to think not the latter ones.  It appealed to me as it is a stunning badge and looks absolutely beautiful.  I've not seen one before and it is part of a set, and as schoolsofnursing know I like to keep sets together.  I will be displaying them on my multiply site for all to see and enjoy.
Lizzie you only have to look at the London that sold recently, which went for alot more and is more common than the Royal Gwent, to see how passionate people are about some things, and as a serious collector then you'll go all out for it.  People praised Katogirly for her win and well done to her.  
Myk1066

backman

Absolutely Myk, and well done for your win.As often stated previously on these pages the value of a badge to the serious collector is more than just monetary value(even though my bank manager might disagree)
Unfortunately with all the prospective changes to the NHS pension scheme on the horizon some of us may have cause to think differently too???
Enjoy!

nursesue

Congraulations Myk cos its a lovely badge and how I envy you it
Well done
sue x

nursesue

ps expensive is ebay item 360414812320- suggest you sit and take your meds before checking it out :o

backman

Vastly overpriced in my opinion,I would be shocked and a little angry if my wife bought me this for Christmas.I will be very surprised if this sells at anywhere near this price.

myk1066

I am inclined to agree re comments of item 360414812320.  I may even send them a message asking why they are asking such a high price for sheer devilment!

nursesue

if any of you are stuck what to buy me for Christmas I wouldn't say no ;D

wilfb

Hi Sue.

Yes, I'm stuck!..... So I will not buy anything in case you wouldn't like it!!!! 8)

Will.

Sarah Rogers

Have just seen the Gold one on ebay..it hasnt come up before when ive searched for badges...wow! ! Lizzie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk