News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

Lost Nottingham School Of Nursing and Midwifery Badge from 2001

Started by nursielou, July 26, 2011, 12:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement badge?

An internet site
1 (100%)
A badge maker
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

nursielou

Hi Everyone,
I have worn my Nottingham School of Nursing and Midwifery sliver badge now every shift I have worked since qualifying in March 2001.  It has disappeared and I am lost without it  :'( I think they have now changed the design of the badge and I am getting nowhere trying to get someone there to help me.  If anybody has any ideas how I can replace it I would be very very grateful  :)
Thanks

backman

Hello and sorry to hear of your loss,an altogether too familiar story. The first thing that I would suggest,apologies if it sounds too obvious, is to try and locate your own badge,check with laundry,put up notices on hospital notice boards,etc.Then I would suggest checking with your training school/Uni to see if they may have a spare badge anywhere.If not I'm afraid that you may be in for a long hunt to try and purchase a replacement. Internet auction sites such as ebay are the most likely source but you are more likely to find older badges there as newer more current nurses such as yourself tend to hang on to theirs. There are some dealers who trade in badges,notably Sally Bosely but again these tend to be older badges.
It might help if you appeal through pages like this if you could describe or show a picture of the design of yours,as you say these changed from time to time.
Good Luck!

nursielou

Thanks very much for your advice.  I have turned my house upside down a few times already.  Much as I thought then that the older badges are easier to find  :( Hopefully I will have a positive response from Nottingham school of nursing.  Thanks ever so much  :)

wilfb

Hi.

I will email our standard advice re: replacing a lost badge. It's a little long to post here. Others have followed the advice and succeeded in obtaining a replacement. It sometimes need 'backmans' advice though - patience and perseverance. I will get the advice off to your email address shortly. Please check that the address is correct and if you see nothing check your junk e-mail folder. But please, give me time to get the mail off...

We will publish the advice on site within the next few days - lost badges just will not (excuse a pun and no offence intended) go away. We sincerely sympathise with  anyone who has lost a badge....

Will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk