News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Connaught / Prince of wales Hospitals Uniform

Started by Sarah Rogers, December 15, 2012, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

Hi, please can anyone help?, I have this photo sent to me after id purchased a set of badges.
The badges are for the Connaught Hospital, during the war, and the GNc badge is for 1956, . there is also a Prince of Wales badge(no dates). Does anyone recognise this uniform?..and which period to they think it best fits..I may be chasing a wild goose chase, the house clearers found this in the badge holders personal effects...so she may not even be in there.
many thanks, Lizzie

backman

Difficult to be specific as other than hemlines and cap shapes most nursing uniform styles were fairly similar for long periods. It is possible to get a feel for approximate dates using a combination of clues.I would say from pictures in my collection that I would put this as being from the mid 1930s to mid 40s(but I could be wrong!)

Sarah Rogers

Thanks.... that is most helpful, i hope to see the hospital records at the London met at some point, but some are still closed as they cover large periods, thanks lizzie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk