News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

townley hospitals bolton

Started by Sarah Rogers, December 14, 2012, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Rogers

Hi, is any one aware of the badge history of thiese hospital/s?, I will post  a badge i have aquired, looks like the city road birmngham one on Sallys site, but is ? copper? brass bar...its a wopper, and is bigger than a big london one, thanks, Lizzie
sadly it has nothing on the back to help age/date it

backman

Sarah Rogers

Hi, sort of, it measures 8.5cm high (incl bar)..and as you can see is ? copper base and brass top.... it is bigger thaNN THE city lodge badge that sally has for sale ..thanks, i couldntt dind  anything on here, or on Mikes multiply..is that yours/,what are its measurements/...what period is it? , thANKs Lizzie

backman

Sarah Rogers

Hi backman, thanks, i will try and attach an image..it looks like the one being worn in the photo..great photo! Lizzie

backman

See what you mean,it is certainly bigger than most of the ones which have come up for sale over the years.It is also quite unusual to see the hospital name engraved on the suspension bar, they often carry a range of initials which most likely correspond to the owners name rather than a particular institution.

If my theory,that it was privately purchased, in the absence of an official hospital or states badge is correct, then I would see these around until GNC badges arrived?
Is the Townley hospital badge dated or hallmarked and might it have been issued retrospectively?

Sarah Rogers

hi, thanks...the townley (normal one)..is not part of the pair..i just used it to show the others  size....there are no markings on the big copper one at all...just an extra fixed bar on the top bar..at the back/ for ribbon?, underneath the pin. thanks Lizzie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk