News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

badge identity

Started by nursesue, February 06, 2012, 07:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nursesue

hi - can anyone help me identify this badge from Canada
Its a large heavy badge with the initials CHA - I know that Bon Accord is the motto for Aberdeen Possibly City Hospital Aberdeen or even Royal Cornhill Hospital Aberdeen
all help gratefully recieved ???

backman

Well done Sue,Yes it is indeed Aberdeen City Hospital,there is one listed in the Meglauchlin archive of the RCN.There are several similar badges consisting just of interwoven initials where the hospital is often a matter of guesswork.I see that Edelweiss won the AGHHW Training School for Nursing that was up on ebay recently,anyone know which hospital this was from?

nursesue

thanks Pete I bought it hoping that i was right and am pleased to have got it Have to say its quite a solid heavy piece I am sometimes reluctant to buy badges with only initials just in case it  isn't what you think it is This was a gamble that paid off See that a badge with initials WMH is on ebay at the moment but think seller has picked wrong hospital for the initials. Hopefully Eidelweiss will identify her badge Trying to work it out as I did see it for sale and its another nice one :-*

barrysutton

Hello,
Its definatly not a Wrexham Maelor badge (from any period), the three seaxes denote that its most probaly from Essex.
Lol, Barry

Sarah Rogers

there is one like this as sold on sallys site...west middlesex hospital , lizzie

olicat

Hi

My badge from the London hospital has turned up on eBay . My name is on the back , Lynn Davies. Please can you all refrain from bidding as I am trying to get it back ! Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk