News:

Hello and welcome. This is the bulletin Board of 'www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk'. The board is open.
New members are very welcome. Please join - Register to use the forum.
Advertising is not acceptable.
Photo Gallery Link - www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/gallery
Latest Website News www.schoolsofnursing.co.uk/Newspages/SiteNews.htm

'The Dining Room' is open to forum members only. REGISTRATION - OPEN 24/7

MAY 2023 News is online now (Link above). MAY ONLINE NOW!

PLEASE NOTE - DRAG & DROP GALLERY PHOTOGRAPH UPLOAD NOW AVAILABLE

Main Menu

Royal London Homoeopathic Hospital

Started by uchpupil, October 28, 2010, 08:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uchpupil

Do any member know if the Royal London Homoeopathic Hospital in London WC1 had its own training school badge ? I undertook part of my training there in 1981-1984 and understand it had an independent training school before its amalgamation with University College Hospital. I have never seen this badge listed on e-bay or in any private collections but would be interested in its design and history....... Many Thanks.

backman

I know of at least two different badges issued by the hospital  for nurse training over the years.I have one of the earlier designs finding a relief of Hahnemann,who founded homoeopathy?The second design features just the hospitals initials and which I have never seen come up on ebay.Items related to Homoeopathic Hospitals such as postcards ,etc tend to fetch a premium for some reason( a recent postcard of Bristol H Hospital fetched over 120 pounds). I will try to find pictures to add to the albums.

uchpupil

Thank you Backman, that is interesting to know two different badges were issued to trainees at the RLHH. I look forward to seeing one of them on this site in the near future. Have some great memories of training there including the finding drug rounds using homoeopathic remedies and treatments.

backman

wilfb

Hello all.

Yet once again Peter 'backman' demonstrates his undoubtedly vast knowledge and willingness to share. Thanks Peter.

I know (hope that you will forgive my transgression here) that you won't mind my adding your the photograph linked above right here - uchpupil is obviously a member* and as long as logged in will be able to see it here as well as in the gallery.

My reason is that the link above will change as material is added to the database. Your photograph here will remain satic.

Very Best.
Will.

*Only logged-in members can see the photographs on the forum. Click the photograph to enlarge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk