News:

The forum and gallery have both been updated to their latest versions, so some things may look different or act slightly differently -- hopefully nothing important!

Main Menu

RCN Archives

Started by backman, March 10, 2010, 06:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backman

At long last the RCN have added the promised pages on their archive to their webpages.It promised details on the Meglaughlin archive but  see what you think;  http://www.rcn.org.uk/development/rcn_archives

eric

I think it's a good start. I note only 8 photograph images of nursing and section on stamps. Badges and brief description are good, although would like to see more badge images. I understand they have extremely extensive collection and would really value having long look around.

thank you for letting us know about new developments

eric
Eric

wilfb

Hi Peter. Eric.

I do like the progress - and overall admin layout of the site.

It seems a big step forward, but, I saw few images, and am distinctly un-impressed by the short descriptions, which I would say are not really giving the picture as described by historians of the various days. They seemed to lack 'life'.... I am not at all sure that they give the correct impression and factual picture - I am not very sure about some of that content to date. Some links didn't work properly for me and I couldn't get into (picture-wise) the Mclaughlin collection.

I will reserve my judgement - I am a little prejudiced and think that teachers (academics) do it better. Perhaps that will all change. I think that the college could do far more to publicise our history, (although that may not be their main role), and that financial considerations are still reguarded as paramount in that department. On the whole - needs life breathing into it.

Lets watch that space...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk